Friday, October 5, 2007

Acute Rehab

They transferred me via ambulance to the Acute Rehab center that's closer to where I live. The first thing I noticed when I got there was that I had a private room. This room would be my 'home-away-from-home' for the better part of the next month.

Over the next few days, the staff came and introduced themselves. There was Mariane, Ngozie, and Sol who alternated days; Mary, Navon, and Regina at night. Physical Therapy was provided twice a day by Anne, Occupational Therapy twice a day by Julie. On weekends, they cut the sessions down to once a day, and these were provided by a mix of various folks.

Stacey handled speech, three times a week.

I have to continue to give "props" to my wife and kids - they were there day-in and day-out, cheering me on.

I made significant progress while there. The use of my right arm and leg returned - not all at once, but gradually. I'm still not 100%, but I'm a lot closer due to my time in rehab.

1 comment:

Ron Lepofsky said...

Bob:

Dave Millier and I wish you a complete recovery, and all the best to your entire family.

Best of success with your acute physio!!

Regards
Dave and Ron
(the guys from ERE in Toronto)