Sunday, October 21, 2007

Starting Back to Work (on a "no pressure" basis)

This week, I got clearance from my oncologist to return to work, whenever I feel up to it. I don't feel up to actually returning - at the moment - but I am eager to start doing SOMETHING, so I contacted Mark Van Holsbeck (my boss), and he jumped at the chance to give me some work I could do from home. Actually, Mark has been awesome - it was his idea that I talk to my doctor, for example - he didn't want me returning too soon.

So, I've already contacted some of you, and will be reaching out to others, as time goes on.

It feels good to be working again, even at this petty pace. It's also a bit more difficult than I imagined it would be. Kind of like blogging - it's taxing, having to focus on one thing for long periods of time (anything over an hour is a long period of time, right now).

Overall, I'm very happy with my progress. I gets frustrating, at times, but I try to let the frustrations go and move forward. With God's help, I finally am starting to see light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments: